8 Days Religious Tour Athens, Paros and Amorgos
From December 2 to 9, 2021, in occasion of the celebrations for Saint Nicholas, Patron of Sailors, Aegialis Tours is proud to offer a unique itinerary to the discovery of the most important Orthodox religious sites in Athens, Paros and Amorgos. From Kaisariani Monastery, hidden in the idyllic forest of Mt Hymettus, to the Monastery of Panagia Chozoviotissa, proudly clinging to a rocky hill over the sea, the tour will include hiking excursions and moments of silent prayer, and will culminate with the participation to the Mass in honor of the Saint and the banquet shared with the warm Amorgian population.
Date: December 2 to 9, 2021
- Transfer from Athens airport to 4**** Athens hotel, with dinner
- 1-night stay in 4**** Athens hotel, with breakfast
- Tour of Athens, with visit to the Acropolis and the Acropolis museum
- Transfer to Piraeus for trip to Paros
- Ferry tickets to Paros Arrival and Departure Transfers in Paros (Port – Hotel – Port)
- 1-night stay in 4**** Paros hotel, with breakfast and dinner
- Tour of Paros
- Arrival and Departure Transfers on Amorgos (Port – Hotel – Port)
- 5-night stay in 5***** Aegialis Hotel & Spa, with breakfast and dinner
- Tour of Amorgos with visit to Monastery of Panagia Chozoviotissa and Chora with the 40 churches
- Transfer to Langada for hiking to the church of St. John Theologos and monastery and to the church of Virgin Mary Panagia
- Greek night with live music
- Participation in Orthodox Mass at St. Nicholas and Feast with traditional food and drinks in honor of the saint
- Visit to the Monastery of Ag. Georgios Valsamitis Visit the Monastery of Agia Paraskevi, the Hellenistic Tower of Arkesini and the Holy Trinity
- Transfer to Naxos with ferry tickets Transfer from port of Naxos to aiport
- Flight tickets from Naxos airport to Athens airport
Rates start from
Arrival at Athens airport.
Transfer from the airport to 4* Hotel in the centre of Athens.
Free evening to discover Athens.
Visit to Kaisariani Monastery and Prophet Elijah Church.
Lunch in the historic center of Athens with view to the Acropolis at Monastiraki area. Continue with the tour of Athens including the visit to the Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum.
Transfer to the port of Piraeus for the trip to Paros island at 17.30 by Blue Star Ferries.
Enjoy the coast of Athens, the sunset and the small islands on the way.
Arrival to Paros and transfer to 4**** hotel.
Tour of the island and visit to the 4th century Church of “Ekatontapyliani” (100 doors church), the Monastery of Logovardas – Zoodochos pigi, close to Naousa, the Monastery of St. Arsenios, and the venetian castle in Naousa, Paros.
Free afternoon. Dinner*.
Boat transfer to Amorgos.
Transfer to 5* Hotel in Amorgos.
Full day bus tour to visit the Monastery of Panagia Chozoviotissa, built in a rock cliff, renovated by the emperor Alexios Komninos back in 1088.
In Katapola, the second port of Amorgos, visit to the churches of Agios Georgios and Panagia Katapoliani.
In Chora, the capital of the island, declared from the visitors as the most beautiful capital of Cyclades, visit to the archeological and the cultural museums and part of its 40 churches.
Return to the Hotel.
Free afternoon to enjoy the spa facilities.
Transfer to the village of Langada to start the hiking excursion to the church of St. John Theologos and monastery, built in the 6th century.
Visit to the church of Virgin Mary Panagia, where big festivities take place on 15th August.Packed lunch and time to enjoy the fantastic sea view and landscape.
Return to the hotel to relax at Lalon Idor Spa.
Dinner: Greek night with traditional Amorgian dishes and live traditional music by violin and lute.
Celebrations of St. Nicholas in the area of Aegiali.
Participation to an authentic Orthodox Mass with locals in a countryside chapel in the morning and in a remote village of Asfontilitis in the afternoon. Feast with traditional food and drinks in honor of the Saint.
Visit to the Monastery of Ag. Georgios Valsamitis, built on the ruins of an ancient water oracle and the southern part of Amorgos, where we can visit the Monastery of Agia Paraskevi, the Hellenistic Tower of Arkesini and the Holy Trinity. We can also visit the shipwreck where the film “Big Blue” was shot. Return to the hotel for a farewell dinner with live music.
Early breakfast and transfer to the port for the return trip to the nearby island of Naxos, where there will be a direct 40 min. flight to Athens airport in time for international departure.