Mythic Alchemy Retreat
Mythic Alchemy Retreat
Start your day waking up with the warm sunlight glistening through your bedroom. Immerse yourself in your yoga practice in a fully equipped Shala overlooking the many shades of blue of the Aegean Sea. Open your mind and your heart while Saluting the sun on a beautiful panoramic roof, feeling the Mediterranean Sea breeze. Indulge yourself with a traditional Greek dish freshly prepared for you.
Jean-Claude took a 200-hour Teacher Training in 2008 to develop his knowledge & to cover some classes during his free time. This led him to take on 2 classes a week. By 2014, Jean-Claude start seeking further knowledge by attending immersions and workshop & he was featured teacher at the Udaya.com
• 7-night accommodation in Superior room with private balcony and sea view
• Breakfast served on buffet daily, with organic ingredients from our own garden, and fresh orange juice.
• Lunch or dinner daily, including vegetarian and vegan dishes
• Arrival and departure transfers on Amorgos (port-hotel-port)
• Free use of Spa facilities (sauna, hammam, jacuzzi, indoor seawater swimming pool, fitness center)
• Free use of Yoga shalas and yoga equipment (mats, blocks, stripes, bolsters, blankets)
• Daily delicious meals
• One 30-minute Swedish massage
• 10% discount on Spa Body Treatments
• Unlimited Internet access
Contact our planning team to discuss all the details for you and create unforgettable memories in Amorgos Island
Reserve a spot
Interested in this retreat? Request to book and discover the tranquility of Amorgos Island.
Organic food straight from the garden. Gluten free, vegan and any other diet requirements are catered for.
The following meals are included:
- Lunch or Dinner
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- Other dietary requirements on request
The island of Amorgos is one of the Greek islands of the Aegean Sea and it belongs to the Cyclades islands group. It is a quiet island but very famous due to the movie The Big Blue. The most interesting of the villages in Amorgos island is Chora, the capital of the island, which is situated at an altitude of 400 meters above sea level. This is a charming village with a unique atmosphere, whitewashed houses, a Venetian castle on top of a steep rock, lovely churches, a labyrinth of narrow paved alleys, and traditional restaurants.
Amorgos island amazes tourists with the incredible colors of the sea water. Agia Anna and Agios Pavlos are lovely beaches, but you will certainly find many other places to swim around the island. If you like hiking, you should know that some really fabulous beaches can be accessed only on foot. Apart from swimming, make sure you pay a visit to the impressive Monastery of Hozoviotissa.
Lalon Idor Spa is situated on the magical island of Amorgos, well known for its healing and transformative energy, dramatically beautiful landscapes and medicinal herbs that grow wildly on its hills and valleys, as well as its hypnotic blue waters.
Included in the package:
- 30-minute complimentary Swedish massage.
- 10% Discount on body treatments.
- Free use of Spa Facilities (sauna,hammam,jacuzzi,indoor seawater swimming pool, fitness centre)
Included in the package:
- Arrival and departure transfers on Amorgos (port-hotel-port)
TRAVEL FROM ATHENS TO AMORGOS
Amorgos does not have an airport but is easily reached with daily ferries and high-speed vessels. Athens International Airport (ATH) is the most convenient to arrive. We suggest visitors should arrive one day earlier in Athens or book a flight arriving before 14.00 so that they are at the port on time – most of the ferries to Amorgos leave at 17.30. There is one daily connection to Amorgos Island (except on Saturday during winter) from Piraeus port, Athens. Ferries dock alternately at the two ports of Amorgos Island: Katapola and Aegiali (closest to the hotel)
All options for your transfer from Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos to the port of Piraeus:
- Private transfer: on request.
- Bus: Express bus X96 leaves every 20 minutes during the day and every 40 minutes at night from the Athens International Airport Arrivals Level (between Entrance 4 and 5) to “Karaiskaki Square” in Piraeus, right outside the ferry port. The ticket costs 5.00€. The trip takes from about 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and a half.
- Metro: The subway will take you from the airport to Monastiraki station. There you will change to line 1 (green line). The end of line 1 is Piraeus station, just outside the entrance to the ferry port. The journey time from Athens International Airport to the port of Piraeus is about one hour. Trains are every half hour (:00 and: 30), with the first service departing the airport at 05:30 and the last service at 23:30.
- Taxi: This is the most hassle-free way. The drive from the airport to the port takes 45 to 60 minutes.
During the summer season, from the middle of June until the middle of September, Amorgos ports can also be reached with high speed vessels departing from Piraeus and Rafina ports. Vessels like Seajet Superjet and Hellenic Seaways deliver services to Amorgos during that period.
My fave retreat location! I am about to lead my 4th yoga retreat at Aegialis, and cannot say enough about the beauty of the yoga studios, the unreal views, the incredible staff, and of course the magic of the island! The world is so big, and I usually don't re-visit locations, but I fell in love with Amorgos and Aegialis and have been back every year since! The food is so delish that I compare every meal all year long to the amazing fresh food of Aegialis, too! The local fish, the raw honey, the unbelievable olive oil! It's heaven! Highly recommend that you visit!
We have been coming to Aegialis for the past few years, my wife and I organize yoga retreats here and ever since the first time we could never go anywhere else, the locations is perfect the yoga facilities are modern and top notch we have everything we need for the duration of our retreat and our clientele are always so pleased and happy with what the hotel has to offer whether it's the delicious food the kind service the cleanliness you are sure to have an amazing experience.
I spent a week at the Aegialis Hotel for a yoga retreat and it was everything I had been looking forward to and more. The rooms are comfortable, the views are stunning and I loved the salt/sea water pool - literally pumped straight from the sea below! The food is phenomenal. I ate breakfast and dinner at the restaurant everyday and loved the variety, freshness and local specialties! The family who runs the hotel is so warm, welcoming and accommodating - their hospitality made me feel right at home and I was sad to leave! It wasn't my first trip to Greece, but my first time to Amorgos (and certainly not the last!).
I stayed in Aegialis Hotel & Spa on a 7-day yoga retreat and couldn't have dreamed up a more beautiful place to live! The staff was amazing, making us all feel welcome and taking into consideration our dietary preferences during meals. The latter were opulent and delicious - I don't think I had so much food (Greek salad, fresh fish, risotto, fresh fruit, and many other foods and deserts) over the course of a week before! A big thank you to this place and its people for this wonderful experience!